Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HUGE Progress!

I am SO happy!! I went to the doctor this morning and my A1C level (your blood glucose levels over 90 days) was 6.1!! That means no medication! Yea me! She reviewed my log and says my after meal numbers are fine, but she wants to see my fasting blood sugar levels get down into the 90’s. I’d lost 5 pounds (according to their scale) since my visit 10 days ago, too. She is just thrilled and really happy with my progress. I go back in 3 months (after getting another A1C the week before) to check my progress. I no longer have to test 4x a day, but check my fasting blood sugar every morning and 4x a day once a week. No more sore fingers! I’m so happy and so proud of myself, I started crying. Such a baby :)

I'm also starting to look forward to exercising. Scary, isn't it? Saturday was totally hectic and I found myself at 8pm having not exercised at all. So, I laced up my new walking shoes and hit the dreadmill (yes, that's what I'm calling the stupid thing)for 45 minutes. Not only did I walk, but I RAN some intervals. Ok, it was 4 mph (yes, that's running for my short legs) for 30 seconds ever 5 minutes, but I was RUNNING. Yea me!!

On Friday night a friend of mine needed help with her computer. She lives in my neighborhood, about 2 miles away. Instead of driving my car over there (and wasting gas), I hopped on my bike and rode over there. While I was there, I tried out her elliptical. I so totally want one. I told my hubby maybe as a gift to myself for my birthday in December?

Holy crap, did I just say I want exercise equipment for my birthday?

I can't wait to go back to the doctor in September and for her to be blown away again by my progress.

No comments: